ELABORATION OF SPATIAL-PLANNING DOCUMENTATION
As a part of the task force, the Traffic engineering sector participates in the elaboration of:
- Spatial plans,
- Town plans,
- Regulatory plans,
- Land sub-division plans,
- Location requirements,
- Town planning and technical requirements.
ELABORATION OF TRAFFIC STUDIES AND FEASIBILITY STUDIES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF CIVIL ENGINEERING STRUCTURES
- Elaboration of traffic studies in the territory of a municipality,
- Elaboration of traffic studies for the territory of the Republic,
- Feasibility studies for the construction of bypasses,
- Feasibility studies for the construction of roads and civil engineering structures.
ELABORATION OF THE TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
- Elaboration of traffic designs in the field of civil engineering,
- Designs for rehabilitation of roads,
- Designs for innovated traffic signalisation and road equipment,
- Designs for traffic lights at crossroads,
- Linear and zonal coordination of crossroads with traffic lights.
ELABORATION OF EXPERT OPINIONS AND REPORTS
- Expert opinions for utilisation of diverse elements of traffic signalisation and road equipment (testing retro-reflection, guardrails, rumble strips and audible lines etc.),
- Reports on installing temporary traffic signalisation during the execution of works,
- Reports for transport of oversized cargos.
DESIGNING MOTORWAY TOLL COLLECTION SYSTEMS
- Designing motorway toll collection systems (open, closed system, electronic toll collection - ETC).
APPLICATION OF INTELLIGENT TRANSPORT SYSTEMS (ITS) IN TRAFFIC
- Intelligent vehicles,
- Intelligent roads,
- Toll payment cards,
- Dynamic navigation systems,
- Efficient public transport,
- Efficient exploitation of parking and parking garages
- Automatic response and positioning of vehicles in an accident.